Advantages of a Clothes Rack
A Clothes rack should not only be viewed as something functional but also as an important design element. It should help to create a beautiful retail experience as well as highlight the garments that are hanging on them.
Retail clothing racks are also a great option to add some variation in your fixtures. Often garment racks look much more unique and have a better design than other custom retail fixtures available. For example, if using natural materials fits your stores brand and aesthetic then using a wooden clothing rack is a great option.
There are many different kinds of clothing racks which make it easier to be flexible in your retail space. Such as portable clothes rack’s, which will also allow you to be flexible with your floor plan. This will allow you to easily test different locations for your garment racks within your store, or give you the option to bring them outside.
What to Consider Before Buying a Clothes Rack
A few things you should consider before deciding to purchase certain clothes rack styles are the following scenarios. How many garments will be hung on it, will you need extra supplies to protect clothing, how portable do you need to be, and what is the design theme you are trying to achieve.
- Weight (Heavy Duty Garment Rack)– This ideal if you are planning on displaying a large number of heavy garments. A heavy duty garment rack can hold much more than a standard clothing rack. If you are planning on hanging an average number of regular garments then you should not run into any problems. There is often a weight limit written in the product description.
- Protection (Garment Rack Cover)– There are many options to purchase a cover for your garment rack. These can be used in the evening to protect the clothing from dust if you have extremely delicate clothing, or it is a great option to protect access garments in back stock.
- Mobility (Rolling Rack)- If you plan on moving your racks often or taking them on the road then a rolling rack is a great option. These are ideal for trade shows, markets, photo shoots, extra garments in back stock, showrooms or on the retail floor. If you are planning on moving things around often and need to stay flexible then rolling racks will save you a lot of work.
- Brand Aesthetic- It is important that your retail fixtures match the aesthetic of your brand. Clothes rack’s can help to accomplish the overall look and feel you would like to create in your retail space. The look of your space and fixtures should go together to create a cohesive theme.
Types of Clothes Rack’s
There are many different kinds of commercial clothing racks for sale. This is why it is important to review the various design options and see what will work best not only for your garments but for your retail space as well. To add some visual interest to your store a good option is to use different kinds of store fixtures and displays. Such as a combination of a wooden clothing rack along with a dark steel designer shelf.
As long as everything follows a general look or theme you are trying to create then it is good to use a combination of different display tables, fixtures, and clothing racks. Playing with height and having merchandise displayed at different heights is also very visually appealing.
- Single-Rod Racks- This is the most popular type of clothes rack used in retail and comes in many different variations. The single rod rack structure consists of one rod that goes straight across and is held up by two vertical posts on each side. You can often get them as rolling racks with an option to adjust the height as well. The different designs include; wooden clothing rack, heavy duty garment rack, or garment rack with cover.
- Double-Rod Racks- The structure consists of two parallel rods which can be at different distances to one another. Such as one higher than the other or just running straight across from each other. The advantage is you can hold much more garments on the same clothing rack allowing you to utilize the most of your floor space if there is enough room to view the garments from both sides. This is a great fixture to have in the middle of a space and create two aisles to the right and left of it.
- 4-way Rack– A 4-way rack is ideal to place in the center of your floor and allows you to save of retail space while still being able to display a variety of different garment styles. The construction consists of a central base in which four arms branch off of it making it a four-sided display in which the garments are faced out. A 4- way rack should be merchandised in a way in which coordinating items are displayed together on each 4-way rack.
- Rounder– These racks are most commonly used in department stores since they save on floor space and can often fit many garments on it. Round racks are also good for adding garment dividers if you would like to organize merchandise by size. This is a great rack to be used for sale items as well for its organizational benefits and it is easy to flip through. Usually, the material made of chrome is very sturdy making it a great option for heavy coats as well.
- Heavy Duty Z Racks– Use Z Racks for when you are in need of heavy duty garment rack such as for your dressing room or for the back stock. These clothing racks are incredibly sturdy and can hold many garments and withstand heavy weight.
- Zip-Up Clothing Rack- Most compared to a wardrobe on wheels which is essentially a clothes rack with a cover on it that can be zipped open or shut to protect clothing from dust. This is an ideal option for garments in back storage that should be hung but still protected.
- Grid Clothing Rack- This is a rack made of grids that stand upright and clothes can be hung to it using grid hooks, which can be moved around making this a good flexible option. Grid clothing racks can also withstand a high weight capacity.
- Wooden Clothing Rack- A wooden clothing rack is a great design piece and a good alternative to metal heavy duty clothing rack. The use of a wooden clothing rack will give a softer visual aesthetic to your store, this is because of the use of natural materials. The use of wood might work very well with certain brand identities and the overall aesthetic of your store.
- Purse Spiral Rack– A Purse rack can come in many different forms but always consists of a structure that has hooks to hang purses. You can use a normal rack and use S hooks to hang the purses on.
- Collapsible Travel Racks- If you are looking for a type of rack that you can travel with then a collapsible travel rack is ideal. They are constructed in a way that can be broken down and built up again very easily. The most common structure for a travel rack is to have only a single rod and the weight will vary depending on the materials used.
- Coat Rack- A coat rack is not ideal to display many garments on, but if you want to only display a few items this is a unique way to display a few key pieces. You might also want to consider having a coat rack to offer your customers a place to hang their coats while they are shopping. This will free up their hands and allow them to feel more comfortable.
Our staff has compiled all of their knowledge to help you solve all of your retail design needs for free. Store Stylist is the fastest, easiest way to design and style your retail store with all the information as well as products you need, all in one place