Buying Guide for Retail Display Cases
Displaying your merchandise well is one of the most important elements to successfully selling your products. The way products are displayed gives value to your merchandise which is why it is important that everything is presented to the highest standard. It is an important investment in your store and the profits that will be generated through well-displayed cases will earn you much more in the long run than cheap display cases. An enclosed case is an ideal option for higher-end products such as; perfumes, watches, and jewelry.
The right kind of display case can be both elegant and secure. The benefits to having an enclosed display case are to protect your products against theft, as well as damage. It is important to choose a display case where your customers will still have a clear view of all products. Another benefit to having a display case is that it also creates an illusion that the products are very special which will add value to your merchandise.
Your store has its own brand identity, and it’s important that your display cases should embrace this style. Before buying your retail display cases take into consideration all merchandise you need to display as well as your floor plan and space requirements.
Tips for Display Cases
- Location- It is ideal if you can position your display cases in prominent locations since displays often spark customers interest. You can also position your cases in a way to influence the way the customer walks the space by creating a path.
- Keep it Simple- Try to not overcrowd your display case so that there is room for your products to stand out and this also makes it easier for your customer to have a better visibility of the products within the display. Make sure there is a good balance since you don’t want your retail display cases to be to empty either. There should be a good variety of choices while still ensuring that each of the products has a chance to breathe and is not overlapping with other products.
- Drive Impulse Purchases- By having a retail display case as a cash desk you are able to display your merchandise at a time and a place of shopping that the customer is most likely to make an impulse purchase since they are already in a state of mind to buy products and pay.
10 Types of Display Cases
Reviewing all the different types of retail display cases available will help you make a better-informed decision which will be best suited for your space as well as your products. The cases are usually made of metal, wood, or plastic, with acrylic or glass panels. Below are some of the different types of display cases available and a description of each.
- Cases made up of three sides which are intended to save space and fit into corners
- Creates a sophisticated look which makes it ideal for expensive or valuable products that allow your customers to view the items without handling them
- Glass Display case with lights is a nice feature to add visibility to merchandise
3. Counter/ Table Top Display Cases
- These are small display cases that go on top of a display, counter or tabletop
- Made for small items, such as sunglasses or jewelry
- Have multiple functions such as; a space for merchandise display, a countertop for cash register systems, as well as an area for storage space
- Countertop display cases with locks is a good option if you have valuable merchandise you need to protect or storage that is valuable
- Usually, you would use a small display case for a countertop
4. Portable Display Cases
- Should be lightweight and easy to transport
- Have a lock feature
- Made for retailers who need to travel with their products to sell them at trunk shows, markets or trade shows
5. Jewelry Display Case
- If containing valuable products look for cases which have a lock built-in
- Panels made of either glass or acrylic
- Cases which are illuminated by light create a sparkle and shiny effect and bring extra visibility to your merchandise
6. Museum Display Cases
- Used as special presentation for merchandise that you want to bring attention to or should appear of higher value
- Usually, has open viewing from all sides
7. Retail Display Tower
- Structure is tall and narrow
- Can be made from glass, metal, or wood
- Ideal if you need to save floor space
- Ones made of metal offer a sturdiness for heavy products
- Can be used to highlight and display decoration as well
- Displays that are attached to the wall
- Wall retail display cases leaves more floor space available and utilizes wall space well
- Highlights small products well
- Allow for products to be viewed at eye level
9. Horizontal Display Cases
- These are medium height and in the shape of a rectangle so they are longer than they are high
- Usually, have glass on top and around the encasing to allow for 360 viewing
- Used to display glasses and accessories
- These can come in various different shapes and forms
- Has large open viewing from all sides
Our staff has compiled all of their knowledge to help you solve all of your retail design needs for free. Store Stylist is the fastest, easiest way to design and style your retail store with all the information as well as products you need, all in one place